To make a shepherd’s pie, you need:
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- One tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- One Cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, one large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One Cup diced onion
- One Cup diced carrot
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin
- three tablespoons all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon finely chopped fresh Rosemary
- One teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- One Cup beef stock
- One tablespoon tomato paste
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- One Cup frozen green peas
- One tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
First, you boil the potatoes in a large pan with water and add one tablespoon of salt to it. drain the water and uh milk and two tablespoons of butter into the same pan and wait for the butter to melt from the residual heat. mashed potatoes and stirring cheddar cheese, egg yolk, sour cream, half teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and set this aside.
Heat olive oil and one tablespoon of butter with onion and carrots and cook this with constant stirring. Add lamb and beef before you sprinkle some flour, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme, and continue to cook. add beef stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and peas, and then cook further. Transfer the mixture to the previously mashed potatoes and bake this in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle some parsley and serve.